Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Busy week!

I have a busy week, meeting every night, a Sunday school lesson to plan, the front page of the Newsletter needs to be written, and I'm preparing to lead worship on Sunday. Also, a couple visitors will be gracing my presence in the next 1.5 weeks, mom & dad, a college friend, and someone from illinois. Lots to do and lots to prepare for so as a blog entry I'm going to share just a little bit with you.

I have weekly meetings with my mentor, Sarah, as part of the program I am in. We talk about things I'm doing, what is coming up, the church, life, and God. I really enjoy these times and am going to miss them when I'm gone. During these times she has 3 questions she asks every week. They are good questions, just not always my favorite.

  1. What has been enjoyable?
  2. What has been challenging?
  3. What has God been teaching you?
The questions are about the previous week that we have just ended, so in my meetings I think back and try to come up with answers. It's funny, now I know the questions by heart but I still have to take time to think of the answers. Sometimes I have about four answers to one of the questions but can barely find one answer for another question. Overall though these questions have been really helpful as I reflect and think deeper about what I'm experiencing this summer.

One day in talking about these Sarah commented that she might start journaling just to answer these three questions each week. I think that's a good idea which I might try after I'm done this summer (if I can get myself to actually journal!)

I challenge you to think about these questions for yourself, you might be surprised what you come up with.

I'll try to add some more pics next week.

Peace, love, & blessings,
Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment